Pages

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Salvaged Chair

On a fall Saturday that happened to be a cold and gloomy, my  husband and I decided to venture to our local salvage yard. The place is chocked full of any and EVERYTHING! Most of it is pure junk and I have to confess I have to resist the temptation to want to organize it. Everything inside of me wants to sort, straighten, and for goodness sake add some better lighting! (a little OCD or obsessive compulsive designer!) But never-the-less it is still fun to pick through the shelves to find something to re-purpose. Then I came upon this little gem just sitting in the back waiting to be discovered, and it was in need of an overhaul. Here is the "before"
...and after removing 2 fabrics, and old cotton cushion, webbing, and dozens of nails, and gave it a good sanding...


 I decided to paint the chair a rich matte Caviar Black (SW6990) to show off the details and curved legs, and a fun Kravet fabric with a swirl pattern to play up the detail on the back. I just love how it turned out, let me know what you think.
Here is the "After"
Stop back and see some more re-designs...until then Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Leave Me A Comment