Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Sweet Vintage Table

Here's another "before & after". On a hunt & gather recently, I came across this awesome end table. I could see the possibilities in my mind...the table had great style and a history. The nicks and warn patina were appealing and I wanted to incorporate them into the finished design.
So here is the "Before"...
The leather top wasn't salvagable so I replaced it.


The new table top was replaced with a new textured one that has a rich bronze & deep brown tones. I painted the table legs in a contrast caviar black paint.
So here is the "After"...
The warn weathered wood adds an interesting history that I new I wanted to keep. I rubbed it with steel wool and sanded it. Then I applied a paste wax finish.


                     So here is the finish product...let me know what you think.

 Stop back soon to see what else I have been up to!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me A Comment