Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

Flea Market Finds

...rainy days and Mondays... 

Weekend furniture & decor finds! Hope you enjoyed your weekend. I had a fun & busy one. First, I spent time each day adding to my consignment booth at Cranberry Hill (glad I did most of the moving on Thursday- the weather was unpredictable). I needed to bring a few more things in to fill the space before the open house this Thursday (May 10). I was suprised how much the small-ish space could hold-lovely!
closer to being finished, but I added more on Sunday with my daughter Brittany! Pictures to come later.
Then, I also squeezed in an estate sale on Friday...nice stuff but expensive...not repurpose material...expensive home material. After that I stumbled upon a neighborhood sale~BINGO. When I can find a antique wicker chair that is probably 100 years old for only $27 w/ pillows & a throw thrown in, it's next to impossible to pass up.! Here are some of the "before" pictures you will have to stop back for the "afters":
This 100 yr old chair came from a lakeside cottage!
And then there was this fun lamp...

I'm thinking a drum shade and a
decorative finial would be cute.
The shape is fun and the center
is ceramic mixed with the antique
brass. I'll have to do some
thinking if I want to change the
finish. I'll ponder a bit.











My mom & I stopped at another sale where I found these 2 chairs- of course they need a bit of work- namely a seat, a cushion, fabric & paint! But that's what I like to do. The good news is that I only paid $10 for both-WOW! They are solid wood chairs and sturdy~antique furniture was built to last a while.
Finally, on Saturday my mom's friend was having a sale called (yes she named her sale) The Great "Hoe Out"!!!, complete with grilled hotdogs, chips, and bottled water~ too fun! I stumbled upon this awesome frame. I wasn't really thinking I would keep the picture in it at first. When I got it home my husband said I should just sell it as is....might look pretty random in my spot...I'll just have to see.

What do you think? Keep as is or update...tell me what you think should happen to it.
Stop back and visit again! Thanks for the encouraging comments on my facebook page. Feel free to leave them here as well...I love to hear from you!

1 comment:

  1. I love a good find Debra! Your booth space looks lovely and yes they can hold quite a bit. Have a wonderful week!

    Warm regards
    Kate @ Salvage Dior

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me A Comment